Menu

Lancer EX Audio Dash Kit

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Car Audio Lancer EX Audio Dash Kit

• Creator
    Topic
    coolgodcoolgod
    Participant

Hi All,

Am looking for Audio Dash Kit to replace the original one found in my Lancer EX so that i can install my favorite pioneer head unit.

I searched on ebay, but i found the prices ( especially the shipping) being exaggerated.its only a simple piece of plastic.

am considering buying from other online shopping sites.

please advise.

Attachments:
    Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      WayneWayne
      Participant

Get it where you can find it cheapest, that doesn’t seem shady. Amazon has yet to let me down. If you’re looking for alternatives to that particular metra dash kit, don’t count on it. There are only 2 major companies that release these kinds of kits; metra and scosche. Both will be comparable in price and usually quality, or lack there of, assuming the other even decides to make one.

There are a lot of recent major vehicles with non-standard DIN setups it seems, guess with the slightly better gadgetry you can get OEM now people aren’t screaming about it. For many recent even popular vehicles if can find a dash kit it’s often over the $130 mark for the bit of formed plastic.

coolgodcoolgod
        Participant

thanks wayne613 for the advice on the make.

coolgodcoolgod
          Participant

another issue..i was very eager to replace this dash kit and searched a video how to do this
            the link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wIIdcKImIc

now this link (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-3I99fpQ7rxR/p_120MITO2/Axxess-MITO-02-Wiring-Interface.html) says

i need another piece of equipment if I have factory Rockford Fosgate audio system

i have lancer ex yr 2008 and am not sure if I have factory Rockford Fosgate audio system.

How do i identify & confirm if i really have this in my vehicle..please advise.

WayneWayne
            Participant

Most will identify their sound system package with some kind of designation to identify it against their base offerings. What is listed on your sale ticket for the sound system, assuming you have it? Often it will be stamped on the radio itself in addition.

As an example, my mustang had a “shaker 1000” system, this indicated it had the basic 4 speaker setup, but in addition had 2 door panel woofers and a dual sub-woofer in the trunk.

You should be able to look up what “system” they installed to see if you have any in-line factory amplifiers and the like you need to account for, assuming it doesn’t say “rockford fosgate” somewhere in your face in the designation. I’d be surprised if it didn’t.

If you’re unsure, you can simply call a local Mitsubishi dealer and ask, giving them your VIN where they can look it up. Assuming their owner’s website doesn’t offer this already like FORD and other select manufacturers already do. They can usually give you pretty much every little thing that the car was sold with for it’s original sale..

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/owners

BlackenZaibBlackenZaib
              Participant

I would goto Crutchfield.com. If there is a Dash kit for your car in existance they will be the ones likely to have it.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…