Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Large amount of oil in intake manifold

Large amount of oil in intake manifold

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Large amount of oil in intake manifold

• Creator
    Topic
    ChrisChris
    Participant

Hello everybody and a Happy New Year! My brother’s got a 2005 Holden (Opel) Vectra C with the 3.2L V6 engine (from what I can figure, it is GM’s LA3 V6 engine). I found a large amount of oil in the intake manifold, and there was oil in the throttle body and duct just after the MAF sensor.

When the engine starts up, it runs for a couple of seconds, stutters for a few seconds, and then runs normally. The stuttering improves after oil changes but eventually comes back. My brother says that driving long distances in one go makes the engine start vibrating. The coils and spark plugs were changed two years ago and the problem went away for a short while.

I got P0300, P0302, P0303 codes (random misfires and misfires in cylinders 2 and 3), but since the most recent oil change, there haven’t been any codes so far (battery was disconnect for awhile to charge). There are oil stains all over the top of the engine and there is a leak from elsewhere that I haven’t found yet.

I am guessing it is an issue with the PCV system, but I am not familiar with this engine and PCV system. I can’t seem to find a PCV valve, but there is a big plastic component screwed in the middle of the intake manifold which I’m thinking is part of the PCV system. Can anyone tell me what this plastic body is and if it is part of the PCV system, how do I test it?

Cheers,
      Chris

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      ChrisChris
      Participant

Please do not click on the above two links, I got a warning from my antivirus that it leads to a known website for malicious activity.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…