Menu

LED Light

• Creator
    Topic
    DaveDave
    Participant

Hello,

I recently bought LED lights on Ebay for parking light replacement on my 03 Civic. Here is a quick video of what I got. It is constantly flicking (both side the same). It is because it is poor quality light or it might be caused by an electrical issue?. It is common with LED light?

Thanks in advance!
      Best Regards,

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

I don’t see a video. To check your theory of a bad led. Put a regular buld in to see if
        it burns bright or does the same thing.

DaveDave
        Participant

here it is

sorry

DaveDave
          Participant

I think I can’t post a video. maybe file with .mov extension are not supported.
            thanks,

PaulPaul
            Participant

I thought the early 2000’s Hondas had an automatic ‘brake light test’ system where a dead bulb generated a warning on the dash. I believe the system would send current pulses to the tail lights. If one of the bulbs is burned out, the broken filament creates an open circuit and cannot draw current. And, if the total load was below some threshold, the fault can be attributed to a dead bulb or a poor electrical contact. (My memory is a little fuzzy and I could be wrong here).

LEDs draw far less current than an incandescent bulb. And, the periodic testing pulses could cause the LED to noticeably flicker/pulse/strobe.

Daniel WeithDaniel Weith
              Participant

Did you install load resisters on the sockets when converting over to LEDs?

BrianBrian
                Participant

Some cars require a special flasher to work under low load LEDs, sometimes with resisters too.

college mancollege man

If the parking lights are part of the blinker also being a dual filament bulb
                    you would need a switch back led which will either blink for blinker or be
                    park lights. If this is the case you will either need to install a load resistor
                    or get an switch back led with the load resistor built in. This keeps the led
                    from having hyper flash.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Loading…