Menu

Lookin for a new car

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Automotive Discussion Lookin for a new car

• Creator
    Topic
    CAdc2CAdc2
    Participant

Hey guys,

As you can see I currently own a DC2. I love this car to death but I’ll be handing it down to my little sister who also loves my car and is about to get her first car, my integra. So I’ll be looking for a new car very soon, beginning around mid-January.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      GrayfoxGrayfox
      Participant

Have you thought about a small engined car for better fuel milage?, it will also be cheaper to insure.
        Does it snow in L.A?, if it does i would stick to an FF car.

S13 is nice
        RX7 is also good but it drinks fuel
        Acrua RSX(DC5) is good too.

3SheetsDiesel3SheetsDiesel
        Participant

The S13/14 are fun cars to drive and are relatively easy to work on. The Z32, while being able to go quite fast with the right mods, is an absolute nightmare to work on, and for it’s size seems to be quite cramped on the inside. Miata’s are fun cars to drive around in provided that you can fit into one. I’m too big to fit inside a Miata and be able to work the clutch with the door closed.

Something else you may not have considered is a base model Mustang. With a little suspension work, they can be downright sticky, and the V6 gets decent mileage.

If you don’t mind working on very old stuff, you might want to see if you can find a Toyota Corolla GT-S from the ’80s, or a Celica of similar vintage. Just keep in mind if you go down that road that the cars are going to be pushing 30 years old, and even current Japanese cars aren’t exactly rust-proof. They were much more rust-prone in the 80s than they are now, but if you can find a rust-free car, they can be amazingly entertaining on a twisty road.

Trcustoms719Trcustoms719
          Participant

I would get a mustang or Camaro if you want a v6 rwd car.

CAdc2CAdc2
            Participant

Thx for the replies. I’ve been a little busy which is why I haven’t replied back, camaro/firebird and Z32 seem to be my top 3 cars right now. Both of them really appeal to me, I know the Z32 is a pain in the ass to work on but I really do love the car. Friend of mine has a TT 300zx and its a total blast.

Thinking I’m a little too big for the miata also, so that’s probably out the window.

@Grayfox
              No it doesn’t snow in LA. So I don’t have to worry about that, if it ever does….we’re in deep trouble. lol

spelunkerdspelunkerd
              Participant

Remember that ‘new’ should mean new to you, but pre owned. Anybody who likes to work on cars should save the considerable dough and buy second hand. Although my wife has a hybrid, I would avoid anything with that label because of the potential difficulty and expense of repair. And European cars are sometimes a problem because of the cost of getting parts later. More popular vehicles in North America usually have enough of a salvage market that those issues are less dramatic.

CAdc2CAdc2
                Participant

Quoted From spelunkerd:

Remember that ‘new’ should mean new to you, but pre owned. Anybody who likes to work on cars should save the considerable dough and buy second hand. Although my wife has a hybrid, I would avoid anything with that label because of the potential difficulty and expense of repair. And European cars are sometimes a problem because of the cost of getting parts later. More popular vehicles in North America usually have enough of a salvage market that those issues are less dramatic.

Yea…i’m not buying anything new from a dealer. I’m buying pre-owned. Has to be a car I can modify and work on.

Looks like the Z32 is really winning this race.

ncarter124ncarter124
                  Participant

350z. I had one before my Mustang and loved it. Decent power, great handling, awesome looks, etc. The only bad thing is it being a 2-seater.

Do NOT get an RX-8. Bad fuel economy, flooding tendencies, horrible reliability and so on. Not to mention they are really slow. Big V8 fuel economy coupled with 4-cylinder power and the reliability of an exotic. No thanks.

Anonymous

Quoted From ncarter124:
                      350z. I had one before my Mustang and loved it. Decent power, great handling, awesome looks, etc. The only bad thing is it being a 2-seater.

I love that my 350z is a 2-seater. I hate driving people around. Anyway, that’s what having a wife is for 🙂

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Loading…