Menu

Low ideal misfire

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Technicians Only Low ideal misfire

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    paul contipaul conti
    Participant

I have a 2008 Chev van. I went in to get a smog certificate and it failed due to a p003 . The mechanic did all the protocol to find and fix the problem. The last words of wisdom was maybe a value job and see what happens. Well a value job of a RV would be 5k. And it only had 35,000 miles on it. The tests that where done was good compression and the vacuum checked out. I was stumped. I wasn’t wanting to spent 5k for a unknown. I just drove it. Now for 5 years. I just couldn’t find a reliable person I can trust. Now something new has happened. The test devise to read the problem will not work. And the chk engine lite is blinking tell me that the cat converter is now cooked. I was told oh maybe a broken value spring or a stuck value. But it ran just fine for 5 years. except for the low ideal shake. Now Im getting deeper. I only drive it 5 to 6 times a year. What can I do. How can I find a wise kid.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Peter GoslingPeter Gosling
      Participant

start with a heat/temp gun & check cylinder temps & find if you have a cylinder thats not running correctly

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…