Menu

Mazda RX-7

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Favorite Cars Mazda RX-7

• Creator
    Topic
    KLFERKLFER
    Participant

I really like the Rotary engine especially when its turbocharged. Just something about a 1.3 liter engine that has no pistons making 500+ RWHP is awesome and reving to 10,500 is nice to, always in the power band.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      KLFERKLFER
      Participant

i would love you own this very car!

RangestangRangestang
        Participant

Notice my sig did ya? Lol yeah they are a blast…when they run! they remind me of a 2 stroke do the job great till they quit. Good looking car though.

TuwakanTuwakan
          Participant

/drools Very nice..T)

KLFERKLFER
            Participant

Quoted From Rangestang:

Notice my sig did ya? Lol yeah they are a blast…when they run! they remind me of a 2 stroke do the job great till they quit.

I did see that. And yes there are fun I have perfected my method in building them. Most problems are the owners, they don’t understand them or how they work. It is a 4 stroke engine just does all 4 stokes in 1 revolution, which is why it make so much power for being so small.

RangestangRangestang
              Participant

Quoted From KLFER:

I did see that. And yes there are fun I have perfected my method in building them. Most problems are the owners, they don’t understand them or how they work. It is a 4 stroke engine just does all 4 stokes in 1 revolution, which is why it make so much power for being so small.

That and they have 1/2 the friction of a piston driven engine. Just not my cup of tea. I do like the way they look though.

KLFERKLFER
                Participant

Yea its an aquired taste. lol Not as forgiving as a piston engine thats for sure. The fun factor is definitely there. E85 is the holy grail for rotary engines though, along with a good trigger setup and stand alone.

SVTDiceSVTDice
                  Participant

E85 Is the new race gas without the race gas price. Seriously, You can bump up timing, compression and boost with E85. The fact that it runs so much cooler and pretty much elminate detonation makes it such a fantastic fuel.

The SVT guys are learning the benifits of E85.

KLFERKLFER
                    Participant

Quoted From SVTDice:

E85 Is the new race gas without the race gas price. Seriously, You can bump up timing, compression and boost with E85. The fact that it runs so much cooler and pretty much elminate detonation makes it such a fantastic fuel.

The SVT guys are learning the benifits of E85.

I have been running it for over a year now and yes its a great fuel alternative. Only downside it burns 33% faster and we have 2 gas pumps that pump it. If you switch you will need new injectors or increase your fuel pressure. BTW if you buy injectors you should buy them from these guys http://www.injectordynamics.com/ By far the best injector you will ever buy i guarantee it.

I run 4 ID2000 injectors which are 200 lbs injectors, 1 in tank 255 walbro the feeds my surge tank which has 2 bosch 044 that feeds through 1/2 inch stainless steel hard line. the stock feed line is now my return line its 3/8. At 30 psi of boost and fuel pumps at base pressure of 92 psi I’m at 90% injector duty cycle. tell me not not crazy.

SVTDiceSVTDice
                      Participant

Yeah, I’m going to have to go with a Dual Pump setup. Dual Ford GT Pumps. I already have a Boost-a-Pump, I’m going to need to upgrade my FPDM. But those sound like some nasty injectors.

Most SVT Guys use 60lb or 80 lb injectors. My question is, Are those injectors hard to tune? And Hows the gas milage? I know I’m going to take a gas milage hit from E85 Period but I’m just wondering if the gas milage diffrence is worse then say over the stock injectors. I’m going to have to talk to my tuner and see if he can tune with them. I remember a few years back, Tuners were having problems with certain injectors at one point.

But yes, VERY Crazy, you sound like you have a hell of a setup.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Loading…