Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • mechanical clutch pedal wont spring back

mechanical clutch pedal wont spring back

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here mechanical clutch pedal wont spring back

• Creator
    Topic
    lowcountry86lowcountry86
    Participant

I have a 1998 Nissan Sentra manual car. I had a broken flywheel, so I took the transmission off and put everything back together. I feel like the clutch cable is adjusted properly, but it does not take much pressure to push the clutch pedal down. Once the pedal is all the way down it does not spring back. It is a mechanical clutch.

My worst fear is that the throwout bearing is messed up, or it came out of position when I put the transmission case back together.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It was such a big job and took a lot of time, for it not to work is extremely depressing…

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man
        EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
        Keymaster

Check to see if you have a return spring on the clutch pedal itself and see if it’s attached correctly. If not repair that and recheck. The fact that you just did a clutch and are having a problem however would suggest that there’s something wrong with the clutch or the work that was done so you may very well have to go back and recheck your work to find the problem unfortunately.

There may be some hope yet however, make sure your clutch is adjusted properly, if it’s not it could be the cause of this problem. This is a different car but the principals are the same for yours.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…