Menu

Memory Savers

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Tool Talk Memory Savers

• Creator
    Topic
    TasogareTasogare
    Participant

Have a question about those memory savers.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      mfdfirefighter46mfdfirefighter46
      Participant

i made one from just a 9v connector from radio shack works pretty good actually, the only thing i have noticed is that i have to set my radio’s clock again but other than that its pretty cool you can make it pretty cheap to not that they are expensive but it was fun just to have another project

dreamer2355dreamer2355
        Participant

There a good idea and its less of an inconvenience for the customers when you have disconnected there battery and they have lost all there settings on there radio and so forth.

Some vehicles also will throw a CEL whenever the battery has been disconnected as well cause a no start due to security systems on newer vehicles.

killmankillman
          Participant

Be very careful about using these memory saver devices. It is possible for the airbags to deploy in some cases from using these devices. Learn how to disable the airbag(s) on the vehicle or at least stay clear of the airbags while using a memory saver.

dreamer2355dreamer2355
            Participant

I think that issue is only relevant when people leave them connected after disconnecting there vehicle battery and start working on there vehicles electrical system.

The memory saver has enough voltage to keep the air bag system armed and ‘live’.

dennyvudennyvu
              Participant

our shop has an EZ emorey saver, and I use it everytime we replace batteries, since you dont want a pissed off customer who lost all their radio positions aswell as their seat locations. amoung with saved CELS

ChevypowerChevypower
                Participant

One of my WyoTech instructors said he bought a cheapy Cell-Phone charger and cut the end off. He plugs it into the Cig lighter and hooks the other end to a 9V battery.

johnzcarzjohnzcarz
                  Participant

Quoted From Chevypower:

One of my WyoTech instructors said he bought a cheapy Cell-Phone charger and cut the end off. He plugs it into the Cig lighter and hooks the other end to a 9V battery.

The problem is that doesn’t always work because some of the newer cars cut power to the cig lighter when key is off. To be safe I think you have to go to the battery terminals or jump start post and a ground.

I also read somewhere along the way that a 9v doesn’t work (or maybe it was that it doesn’t last very long) with late model cars with all the systems on-board.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Loading…