Menu

Missire when foggy outside

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Missire when foggy outside

• Creator
    Topic
    pbatemonpbatemon
    Participant

I have a 2001 dodge ram and it runs perfect on a normal day, but sometimes when its foggy and wet outside its really difficult to start, then when it dose start i get an engine misfire code on 4 and 6 , then after it runs for a little bit its perfectly fine, and will start with no issues after that, this only happens when its foggy and wet outside, and i dont start it for a day or so, and when its not wet i have no check engine codes on, any help would be great, thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Burt FriedBurt Fried
      Participant

When its dry and you are not experiencing the problem take a spray bottle and spray water on the ignition wires and distributor cap and coil. Most likely you will find your problem when the truck begins to misfire. You will probably hear arcing and may be able to see it as well. Sounds like a set of wires and or cap should clear up the problem.

none nonenone
        Participant

Considering the misfire is happening at two adjacent cylinders, I’m betting you’ve got a couple burnt wires arcing like bafent says. One thing I’ll suggest is to replace your coil as preventative maintenance if you find yourself doing a tune up. Assuming you’ve got a 5.2 or a 5.9, they’re prone to cracking themselves open and you’ll get rough running or engine stalling problem relative to the weather too.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…