Menu

My 2002 Peugeot 406

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge What Are You Working On? My 2002 Peugeot 406

• Creator
    Topic
    FrankFrank
    Participant

This is my everyday car a 2002 Peugeot 406 2.0 HDi

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Trcustoms719Trcustoms719
      Participant

Nice I like that.
        Why is your speedometer in MPH?

dreamer2355dreamer2355
        Participant

All vehicles in the UK have speedometer’s with MPH C8-)

When i was younger, one of my brothers had a 205 GTI. That was a quick little fastback.

Trcustoms719Trcustoms719
          Participant

Quoted From dreamer2355:

All vehicles in the UK have speedometer’s with MPH C8-)

When i was younger, one of my brothers had a 205 GTI. That was a quick little fastback.

I didn’t know that I thought everywhere besides the USA used KPH..
            Haha I feel like an idiot.. but i learned something new! 😛

dreamer2355dreamer2355
            Participant

Quoted From Trcustoms719:

I didn’t know that I thought everywhere besides the USA used KPH..
              Haha I feel like an idiot.. but i learned something new! 😛

Its all good. The only folks i know that use KPH are i think the Canadian’s and German’s. I’m sure there’s others.

dreamer2355dreamer2355
              Participant

Yes on the MPG in the States although people here still buy vehicles which huge displacement engines and still complain about gas (petrol) prices and the amount of time they have to fill there tank!

I have a 4.7 V8 in my 04 Jeep and its a gas guzzler but i knew that when i bought the vehicle. My wife drives a 07 Toyota Corolla with a 1.8 DOHC due to the miles she drives a day and that givers her wonderful gas mileage. She loves it.

yarddog1950yarddog1950
                Participant

That’s a good looking car. Is it a Pininfarina design? Peugeot is the oldest company that builds cars, I recall. Correct me if I’m wrong > they built saws before anybody built cars, and when I was kid, they built some of the best racing bicycles in the world. They were the first to build a race winning DOHC hemi in 1914 or 1915. (?)

FrankFrank
                  Participant

I live in northern ireland which is part of the UK and so its all MPH, but ‘down south’, or the republic of ireland they work with KPH, its a problem when driving there because you see 100 in a red circle and some people do 100 MPH when its actually 100 KPH S:)
                    It also causes a problem if buying a car from there they are still right hand drive but the speedometer is all in the wrong units, my aunt recently bought a toyota yaris and paid

FrankFrank
                    Participant

I dont know if its a pinifarina design, the coupe verion is definatley one and its exceptionally good looking:

(i like this car, the problem is if i see one in a car park i then start looking to see if any are for sale)
                      but i think the saloon is still a pinifarina design, the car that replaced the 406 the 407 was designed by peugeot themselves and i dont think its as good looking.

I think they are the second oldest car company after daimler benz, but they dont seem to play on that fact at all in their advertising. They still sell bicycles we have one somewhere it is a very good bike. And they even sell some mopeds as well.
                      The race winning in 1914 i am not sure about, but currently they or Citroen who peugeot owns, seem to have plenty of success in rallying.

Was there many Peugeot cars sold in the US?

yarddog1950yarddog1950
                      Participant

I think that Peugeot Diesels were seen on the road in the US in the late 1970s. Bad image for any car back then – a car belching soot out of the exhaust like a Mercedes Diesel or a big truck, all of them crawling along in your way when gasoline was still almost cheap here in the US.
                        You had to be half crazy to buy one, and especially if you couldn’t pronounce the name!

FrankFrank
                        Participant

The old XD engines would have been very slow, my uncles 505 has one and its loud and smokey.
                          Then the XUD was a much better engine, but peugeot stopped it about 10 years ago, still plenty of cars drivng around with them.

The HDi is much more modern, it has common rail fuel injection driving around its quieter than some petrols, revving the engine to the limiter will get a bit of black smoke but all diesels do that, in most cases i dont need to go over 2500 revs and there is never any smoke.
                          The pronunciation of peugeot even here has a bit of variety there is phew-joe, pear-joe, poo-joe, even peugit. Its handier just to call them pugs.S:)

FrankFrank
                          Participant

I bought a spoiler cheap on ebay for

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Loading…