Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • My honda accord 97 wagon wont start when its cold.

My honda accord 97 wagon wont start when its cold.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here My honda accord 97 wagon wont start when its cold.

• Creator
    Topic
    JoseJose
    Participant

The car wont start in the mornings or when its cold. When i do get it to start its starts shaking. I hit the gas and dont do nothing, then out of nowhere its starts and drives perfectly .then it comes the morning and same problem again. I have replaced the distributor the wires, ignition coil, ignition rotor and the engine temperature sensor. And i still have the same problems in the mornings it takes like 30 min to start . Cranks but wont start . I really need the help . Since 6 mechanics has seen the wagon and cant find the problem.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      619DioFan619DioFan
      Participant

Start by first checking for any trouble codes. even if the check engine light is not lit up. then I would test the fuel pump ( key on pressure , cranking pressure and running pressure ) Honda fuel pumps last a long time but test it anyway. then test the IAC valve. when you are having this hard start prob have you verified spark at the plugs ?

JoseJose
        Participant

Thanks for the advice. In the mornings does not have spark. After its starts it does. But i will definetly check the fuel pump . i have not change it since i bought the car 8 years ago.

JoseJose
          Participant

The only code that came out was the o2 censor and i replaced it. And nothing.

A toyotakarlIts me

What did the 6 mechanics do when you have no spark? That should be relatively easy to find if you know there is no spark being delivered. It sounds like an issue with the secondary ignition system, or an issue with the ECM…. not a fuel delivery issue….

-Karl

college mancollege man
                BillBill
                Participant

Are you sure it has NO SPARK? It sounds like a classic main relay problem to me.

Bruce NguyenBruce Nguyen
                  Participant

I’m having the same issue, 2001 accord v6. I Replaced the fuel pump the battery the alternator the starter and also unrelated but found out that my fuel injectors were clogged with bad O-rings which explains my fuel efficiency going way down. In any case I believe the problem is Idle Air control valve it’s clogged or completely non-functioning you need to either clean it or source a replacement from the junkyard

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Loading…