Menu

My LAST Car

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Discussion My LAST Car

• Creator
    Topic
    David RaschDavid Rasch
    Participant

I was 68 this June. I currently drive a 2011 Ford Taurus SEL 3.5l non turbocharged engine with 78000 miles. Third owner. I have had all fluids changed, new pads and rotors from Rock and new tires. All work done at Ford where I bought it. It lives in my garage and gets a complete cleaning at the car wash before service.

I am wondering, should I keep this car until I can no longer drive or move on. Ford no longer makes Taurus which makes me nervous about ability to keep it up. Would it be a wise move to shift to something like Chevy Malibu? I drive about 5000 miles per year, mostly between 30-40 mph and some highway driving. Since my handicapped son lives with me safety is prime along with dependability.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jason WhiteJason White
      Participant

It’s a Ford, there will always be parts for it and people to work on it. Even if it’s not at a dealership, there will be plenty of options. GM vehicles are the best when it comes to always being parts and service for their vehicles but Ford does fine. Really any domestic. Asian usually are pretty good about this. It’s European where you run into the problem of discontinued parts and no aftermarket.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…