Menu

My Rides

• Creator
    Topic
    Marcusa32Marcusa32
    Participant

Current rides:

1992 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L – rescued this from abandonment, wheels were 3″-4″ deep in sand, tires had rotted in the heat, interior was ruined, red paint had faded to pink etc.
      currently i have stripped away all the bodywork, removed the interior and its sits as a chassis in my garden. im waiting to stumble across a suitable radiator (original was cracked) and a new fuel pump. once i have it running again i will build a simple rollcage and fit a seat and harness and use it as a dune buggy in the desert.

2004 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton (SuperCrew) – this is my baby, always wanted to own a pickup truck but being from britain we dont get alot of chance. once i moved to Qatar and saw this for $8,500.00 i knew i had to have it. unfortunately since ive had it its been nothing but problems. its currently running with a serious timing issue but i honestly wouldnt trade her for anything! eventually, once i have the engine running the way it should i hope to add a 6″-8″ lift kit on this and use it to tow the Jeep to the desert.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      LynchburgCSILynchburgCSI
      Participant

I had a 2003 Ford Expedition. Basically the SUV version of your F-150. I like Fords, but my god was that truck a piece of junk. Rattles, creaks, fit and finish issues… ugh. And be careful when it comes time to change those spark plugs. That engine is FAMOUS for stripping the threads.

dreamer2355dreamer2355
        Participant

[quote=”LynchburgCSI” post=31276]I had a 2003 Ford Expedition. Basically the SUV version of your F-150. I like Fords, but my god was that truck a piece of junk. Rattles, creaks, fit and finish issues… ugh. And be careful when it comes time to change those spark plugs. That engine is FAMOUS for stripping the threads.[/quote]

As well as the plugs breaking on removal if there a 2 piece design 🙁

Marcusa32Marcusa32
          Participant

the plugs were a big concern so i got them changed out early for a soild 1 piece design. luckily i have an american mechanic friend here who has quite a bit of experience with these trucks (unlike us brits).

considering the pounding this truck has taken with the offroad driving and general poor condition of the roads here i have to say i dont have any rattles or squeaks…except the terrible bed quiver which can get pretty bad at times

Marcusa32Marcusa32
            Participant

regarding the bed quiver, is there anything i can do about it?

i have taken to driving with a constant load in the bed (a couple of bags of sand) which seems to help and with fuel at $1.04 a gallon the lowered mpg doesnt bother me. i do have a double tube roll/light bar with the kicker bars which im thinking about fitting (it looks a little better than sand bags!!)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…