Menu

Napa Tools

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Tool Talk Napa Tools

• Creator
    Topic
    DanielDaniel
    Participant

So what are your guys thoughts on these tools for a DIYer? Too expensive? How about quality?

Just thought i would put it out here to hear your suggestions. Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      A toyotakarlIts me

Most of everything branded NAPA, Evercraft or Carlyle are all just re-branded tools made by different manufacturers… If you see Old Napa branded ratchets and sockets made in the USA they were made by Danaher, which essentially were the same as Easco and Craftsman (Most Craftsman USA made tools were made by Danaher since 1983, before that they were made by Stanley), before that they were made by many different USA manufacturers… Also S-K made some of their polished professional tools… Now, unfortunately many Craftsman ‘Hard line’ tools are made in China…

Evercraft I believe was predominately made in Taiwan, and I believe Carlyle is as well (not 100% sure about that)… Actually Taiwan puts outs some very well built tools….as much as I like to support buying tools made in the US…

I don’t think much as a whole on Chinese made tools, but not to say that they can’t make good tools, its been my experience that they are at the bottom of the barrel.

When you buy hand tools, I always look at the warranty… that is what you are really buying… While I think that every tool sold at NAPA is way overpriced, one could say the same of tool truck brands, but if you have a Snap on, Cornwell, or MAC guy coming by every week, it makes it pretty easy to warranty one… Now if NAPA were to deliver a replacement tool when they deliver parts to the shop (not sure if they do this) then that may make it worth while.

On the whole I would pass on NAPA tools due to their costs and more inexpensive alternatives out there, but that is me.

JMHO

-Karl

BobbyBobby
        Participant

I’ve never had any personal experience with Napa brand tools. But I just have to Echo what Karl was saying. You are paying for the warranty. Now I will add my own little .02 to this. A warranty is only as good as the amount of time you DON’T have to use it. What I mean by that is, Autocraft tools at My store (advance auto parts) have a lifetime warranty on them. So yes, you can bring them in and they will give you a new set for free. But how often are you going to need to do that? Are you going to be in every other week replacing sockets? If so, you’re better off spending the extra money.

DanielDaniel
          Participant

I see what you guys are saying. Unfortunately where I live I’m about an hour away from a sears. There is a napa store down the street. I go there when I need a specific tool immediately. Might just continue ordering tools online. Thanks much!

BobbyBobby
            Participant

Ebay is an awesome place. If you’re patient you can piece a Mac or Snap on Socket set together for MUCH less than a new set. You can also get Ratchets for about 1/2 of what you pay for new, special tool kits for about the same and pretty much anything else.

brianbrian
              Participant

US SAYS ONLY TOOLS 95% MADE IN USA INCLUDE MATERIALS CAN STAMP USA ON THEM,. GET USA STAMPED TOOLS, SAVE A JOB.
                rockkkkher — U.S. — 3%er — U.S. —

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…