Menu

Need Some Advice

• Creator
    Topic
    fester64fester64
    Participant

Hi I recently bought a used 96 olds achiva off a coworker for 300 bucks cause my jetta munched my turbo and when all was said and done after replacing the alt and getting to drive it i noticed it bucked really bad from a stop or getting on the throttle i found some cracked vacuum lines that fixed my bucking now another problem arises she is really hard to start it takes 2 try’s when i goto crank it over it starts then stalls wait a few secs and she will start right up im exhausted in trying to find a solution any suggestions thanks in advance no cel lights. Im possibly thinking a throttle position sensor

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      dreamer2355dreamer2355
      Participant

First welcome to the forums!

You could use a fuel pressure tester to see what the fuel pressure is KOEO and KOER.

I would also remove the vacuum line from the FPR and see if there is evidence of fuel leaking from the FPR due to a faulty diaphragm.

Also, the next time the vehicle is running, take off the above said vacuum hose and see if you see any fuel leaving the FPR.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScannerDanner#p/u/39/AKtR_yF7bi8 this may help you.

Also, next time, for any other vehicle related issues, i would recommend to post them in the ‘Service and Repair’ part of the forum for a quicker response C8-)

fester64fester64
        Participant

oops thanks brotha

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…