Menu

new job offer, would you take it?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Discussion new job offer, would you take it?

• Creator
    Topic
    brian .hawesbrian.hawes
    Participant

A local domestic dealership has offered me a job,
      but I think it may be low balling me. So would you take this job?
      $19 per hour striaght time not flat rate. European cars only.
      My states min wage will be $9.04 in January.
      I’m only about half way equiped for euro’s so a good amount of tool investment will be required, namely scanners.
      Do you guys think this is a resonable amount of money or would You ask for more?
      My first thought was $25 per hour just because euro’s in general just piss me off wile working on them.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      619DioFan619DioFan
      Participant

I guess it would depend on your current situation. if you are currently unemployed then I would take the job. with the unemployment rate being as high as it is any job is better then no job at all ( IMO ) personaly speaking I have found that it is easier to find a job when you have one already.. so if you are in need of a job I would take it and then if it isn’t a cool scene you can look for a better gig while still making a check there.

twiggytwiggy
        Participant

If you are new to the field take the job and learn as much as you can while you gain experience. If European cars are a pain to work on that’s exactly what you want to be learning.

brian .hawesbrian.hawes
          Participant

I have been in the biz a couple of years now. And I work in a full service shop at $15 per hour. I can get a lot of experience in my current shop. The dealership in a 30 min drive. In a town of higher income levels, so lots of VW/Audi, mercedes.

Participant

It comes down to cost if you can afford the commute and the tools then I would say do it. Because you will be making more money and get more experience in European cars by taking the job. you could try asking for more money. but down where I live 19/hr is a pretty good wage especially in this economy but our minimum wage is only 7.30/hr. but I have no idea how much a technician at a dealership like that is supposed to make. You also have to think about whether you

twiggytwiggy
              Participant

If you make $15 now, then I don’t think a $19 offer is lowballing you. You need to think about where you want to work and where your career will be advanced more.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…