Menu

New to me vehicle :D

• Creator
    Topic
    rice400rice400
    Participant

Buy good tires for the rear. You said one front tire was bald, what did the other look like? You might have a problem with your alignment or over/under inflation if only one tire was bald. Or maybe the previous owner had

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
    • Author
      Replies

no its more a case of previous owner was a used tire buyer absolutely NO tire matched, front right was Goodyear Wrangler front left i dont remember.. back left not sure what brand “high performance” tire its suppost to be manufacturer is probabl

MattMatt
      Participant

Safety first.

John B KobberstadJohn B Kobberstad
        Participant

get the tires first and get an allignment.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
          Keymaster

Tires are always #1.

hmmn i managed to get the odometer rolling again but idk if its playing catchup or what, il have to check again and see if i pressed the trip button recently because odometer is saying i went 336miles already because it was froze at 128,637 and now its at

Keymaster

I wouldn’t think it would be playing ‘catch up’ but sometimes the mechanical trip meters can mess up the odometer.

that ones a case of new to me seeing its not a digital guage so how exactly would it get changed over to kph although it shows both mph and kph at the same time? and if it is the case how would i change it back?_x000D_
              _x000D_
              also added another job, spark plug tune-

rice400rice400
              Participant

Put whatever came with the car originally, motorcraft i’m assuming

Keymaster

I would go with the Motorcraft called for by the manufacturer, you don’t need to get fancy here just use what’s called for.

yea i had a extra 30-40 pop up on my paycheck today so i got some autolite double platinums and of course, when you just do make budget on something other things happen, which is why i prefer waiting until i know i can afford it, like in this case for exa

MattMatt
                  Participant

As suggested above, I would just stick with the Motorcraft plugs that are suggested by the manufacturer.

rice400rice400
                    Participant

I’ve never been a fan of the “fancy” plugs with multiple electrodes blah blah blah, just stick with the original motorcraft.

Quoted From rice400: _x000D_
                      _x000D_
                      I’ve never been a fan of the “fancy” plugs with multiple electrodes blah blah blah, just stick with the original motorcraft.

_x000D_
                      _x000D_
                      actually their single grounding strip, their selling point is “U

Keymaster

Keep us posted on the rest of your progress.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Loading…