Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • New tools/machines/video suggestions

New tools/machines/video suggestions

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG Suggestion Box New tools/machines/video suggestions

• Creator
    Topic
    Michael SacksteinMichael Sackstein
    Participant

Hey Eric, hope all is well. In the past year I’ve noticed you’ve gotten quite a bit of new additions to the shop. Among them being of course your new 2 post lift, shop press, and much more. That being said I know that an a/c recovery machine is on your list of things to get in the future. I was also going to suggest some new dealer level computers such as maxidas, otto, or other related brands. I know European cars use different equipment such as the vag com, Mercedes star tester, or the dinan computers but you don’t really work on those much anyways. Now I do realize these technologies are expensive, and that maybe you don’t use them as much. However there are a lot of modern cars out there these days that do require these kinds of technologies to work on them, and I think some people out there could benefit from a tool review video on one of these.

Some of these companies I know will also allow you to rent the tool for a bit to see how you like them before you commit to buying them. Scotty Kilmer said he got some of his for free because he’s famous. You may want to ask him about how he went about getting the ones he has already, since he has a lot of them.

Look forward to hearing from you, and love the videos. Keep them coming, and Stay Dirty! Oh, and don’t forget to play with your tools…(yeah I know, that’s what she said!) lol

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

Thanks for the suggestion. It’s true, the shop has grown quite a bit in the last year and a lot of new equipment has arrived. I’m still working through the reviews on those.

As for the electronics, most of the vehicles I work on are older. As I work on more newer vehicles I will likely have to incorporate more sophisticated equipment to work on them. In short, I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it. There’s a great deal involved with what I do with the day to day of ETCG. Learning new equipment can be time consuming. Unfortunately, my schedule doesn’t often allow for that kind of time.

As for my relationships with manufacturers, I have several. If it came to that point where I felt I needed to incorporate that kind of new equipment into the shop and the show, I’m sure there’s a few people I could talk to to make that happen.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…