Menu

new tools

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Tool Talk new tools

• Creator
    Topic
    mfdfirefighter46mfdfirefighter46
    Participant

i bought some new tools today from snapon im so excited i had to let everyone know i got a 80 tooth rachet awesome if you dont have on and have the means to by on i highly reccomend it i also got a block tester and pair of crimper here check them out http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp … ir=catalog for those of you that do alot of electrical i recomend them i just had to tell everyone.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      ClicknClackClicknClack
      Participant

have fun. Make good use of them….

twiggytwiggy
        Participant

Sounds awesome!

dreamer2355dreamer2355
          Participant

Have fun with the new tools! I get excited too when shopping for new tools C8-)

Anonymous

Craftsman recently came out with a “Premium Grade” 84-tooth ratchet. I bought a set in 1/4″, 3/8″ and 1/2″ drives and can’t even begin to tell you how much better they are than the standard 36 tooth ones I’ve been using all these years. HOLY CRIPES!

Shaun_300Shaun_300
              Participant

Awesome! Gotta love buying new tools. I have those exact wire crimpers/stippers, they work great. Only thing they’re missing is a spot to actually cut the wire, other than that they’re awesome. I have two of the fine tooth snap on ratchets, one is a regular sized 3/8″ and the other is a 24″ 1/2″ drive, love them both. Sure come in handy in tight spots where not a lot of swing is available.

Participant

hey guys just wanted to reach out and see if anyone got any new tools if so what are they and how do you like them?

dreamer2355dreamer2355
                  Participant

The only 2 items i bought recently was a magnetic shop towel roll holder and another magnetic holder for my disposable gloves i use from Harbor Freight.

wafrederickwafrederick
                    Participant

Went to an Auto Value tech expo yesterday,bought a GP 1/4 impact socket set and GP does make good impact sockets for a reasonable price.I did get a good deal on them.Also bought a set of Gearwrench ratcheting wrenches too.

TheAreteTheArete
                      Participant

I always am buying some new tools ( automotive, electrical, plumbing, carpentry) whether it’s the cheap Harbor Freight, the midline or going all out and snagging snap-on, Makita, matco, Bostitch, etc.

For the most part I’m usually pleased with what I buy (even the cheap crap) but man… are there times when I’m flat out disappointed. Let me give some abysmal reviews and then lighten it up with some stuff I’m impressed with that I didn’t think I’d be.

Kobalt… Oh where do I start. “BUT WILL!…. THEYRE GREAT AND THEYRE CHEAP TOO!”

… In my heavy use of tools, Kobalt (specifically the ones outsourced in china, Taiwan by Danaher) break, snap, chip, and shatter on a daily basis. I’ve stopped buying Kobalt. They’re overpriced… Not ergonomic for the most part… Not Heavy duty… Not long lasting… and not really that innovative.

All my extended hex’s (the ones with the little Hex balls… snapped or rounded off.
                        My nail pullers… shattered on the tips from pulling (go figure) nails.
                        My needle nose pliers… Chipped
                        Impact Sockets… Blown.
                        Grips on anything and everything… break loose and wiggle around.

And the worst offender was actually something I was looking forward to, My Innova Equus 3320 DVM. Doesn’t read continuity on a consistent basis which means I have to keep to testing just to “Make sure.” The fluctuations make you dizzy and makes it harder to get a stabile voltage read and the wrist strap is useless. HOWEVER… I do like the rugged rubber corners so… uhh… that’s a plus.

And my BIGGEST surprise… my Milwaukee Impact Driver and Drill. On the pricey side and we weren’t really sure if we were going to get 300+ dollars out of it. Drop dead fantastic. Dropped off a roof, tortured by horses, left in mud, worked in the rain, drove 7 inch lags screws through solid oak, tile bits through porcelain, tapcons through any masonry surface, broke loose rusted exhaust bolts… And I’m not gonna lie… I told myself this stuff would be dead within a month and that the fancy little lights and battery meters would be dead within a week. Half a year later and I am man enough to admit… I was wrong. Badass cordless tools indeed. Milwaukee… I tip my hat off to you good sir. Keep making tools like these and you might build up a rep again.

TheAreteTheArete
                        Participant

Really… you’re censor C R A P… but not BA?

TheAreteTheArete
                          Participant

Oh and I have a cheap Equus compression tester, a Craftsman torque wrench, Master Hand hose pliers and some Stanley and Craftsmen socket stuff I just bought as well. Too early tell on any of this but I’ll post something if they work out or utterly crush my spirit. ;D

dreamer2355dreamer2355
                            Participant

Thanks for the reviews TheArete!

Participant

i just bought these http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp … ir=catalog and let me tell you saved my ass today i recommend them to everyone they are pricey but well worth it.

FrankFrank
                                Participant

I recently purchased a Milwaukee C18PD cordless impact driver, i had a cheap worx cordless drill for 5 years before it which hadnt an easy life, but the Milwaukee is something else, it feels extremley solid, and the power is amazing, ive hurt my hand a few times with it but when using the side handle its more controlable.

Sang Kimskim3544
                                  Participant

Gearwrench retching combination wrench – paid for itself first time while installing glow plugs on Mercedes Benz

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…