Menu

Newer cars fuel filter.

• Creator
    Topic
    THERMALTHERMAL
    Participant

I

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      losercometlosercomet
      Participant

It is in the tank. i think there is an access door in the truck.

college mancollege man

Most auto makers are doing it that way.C8-)

dreamer2355dreamer2355
          Participant

Yes, most auto markers now are using a return-less fuel system.

crg616crg616
            Participant

for me, its hard to think of a filter (something thats job is to collect junk and dirt) lasts for a life time and not need replacing. but as said in numerous posts above they are most commonly attached to the fuel pumps now days. and are replaced when the fuel pump is replaced

Heath KnoxHeath Knox
              Participant

Hyundai is the same way. filter in the tank one the fuel pump pick up. But I questioned Hyundai on this on what microns this filter keeps out. I really wish I could remember the facts that they gave me. But basically was told that the filter sock in the tank filters the big stuff and the screens on the injectors get the rest. I was also told by Hyundai that on average the fuel pump doesn’t last much past 100000 miles or ten years. At which time the sock should be replaced. My guess is just when the warranty ends the pump dies.

MattMatt
                Participant

I remember Eric specifically mentioning that Honda fuel filters are a life time unit, and don’t need service, especially on the newer models. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
                  Keymaster

Honda fuel filters even the external ones have been considered ‘lifetime’ since 99 and in some cases the 97 model year. Many manufacturers have gone to the non-servicable in tank type filters as a way of keeping down maintence cost, if you ever have a fuel pump issue in the future you can know that you will also be getting a new fuel filter other than that I wouldn’t worry about it, in fact I doubt you would ever have a problem with it.

THERMALTHERMAL
                    Participant

I have found online were a filter kit is available for JDM accord ( euro accord ).

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Loading…