Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Nissan Murano – Second Alternator!

Nissan Murano – Second Alternator!

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Nissan Murano – Second Alternator!

• Creator
    Topic
    John OniellJohn Oniell
    Participant

Hello all,

New to the forums.

I have a 2004 Nissan Murano that just had the alternator replaced with a good product about 3 months ago. Fast forward, 2 weeks ago, I broke down on the side of the road in PA with the “BRAKE” and “Battery” light on, indicating an issue in the charging system again. I told this mechanic that it got towed to that the alternator was just done, and they insisted on replacing it anyway, im doubting they checked anything else. Fast forward 1 week later (yesterday) the car does the same thing with the brand new alternator. So today i finally got around to chasing some bad grounds, and so far from the battery everything checks out in range. Battery is at 12.6V when off. Starts around 14.4V after starting, then slowly drops by 0.01V. When fully loaded it just drops a bit faster then when it is not under load. My ac hasnt worked since the first alternator replace, and i noticed today the 10A fuse was blown. replaced it, and while load testing battery, put ac on, and clutch started spinning again (ice cold AC) for about 30 seconds, then it blew the fuze again. I am guessing there may be a short on the AC compressor side, but would this lead to a total drop in volts where the Battery & Brake indicator come on ? I am going to try and check for some more shorts in the AM, but does anybody have any feedback as to what could be going on here?

Thanks for any help you could provide.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      John OniellJohn Oniell
      Participant

Also the battery was replaced with a brand new one from Costco about 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…