Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • nissan sentra 03 1.8 trhottle body issues/idle problems???

nissan sentra 03 1.8 trhottle body issues/idle problems???

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here nissan sentra 03 1.8 trhottle body issues/idle problems???

• Creator
    Topic
    baylenbaylen
    Participant

[b]I HAVE A NISSAN SENTRA 03 1.8 L ENGINE
      AUTOMATIC TRANS
      132000 MILES ON IT
      EVERYTHING WAS FINE TILL 6 MONTHS AGO
      IT STARTED TO STALL ON ANY STOP LIGHT OR ANY STOP SIGN
      AN IT WAS SHOWING THE CODE P0335 CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR A CIRCUIT
      I TEST THE SENSOR AND IT HAPPEN TO BE BAD, SO I REPLACE IT
      IT WAS FINE FOR A WEEK THEN IT WAS STALLING AGAIN AND IT WAS SHOWING THE SAME CODE ON THE SCANNER SO I TOOK THE SENSOR OUT AND I CLEAN IT AND I UNPLUGGED THE THROTTLEBODY

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Tri9SSTri9SS
      Participant

Check to see if you have a vacuum leak, check around the throttle body since you removed it I believe, check the hoses that were removed, See if you can test IAC to make sure that is not your problem good luck.

dreamer2355dreamer2355
        Participant

Does that vehicle have the drive-by-wire setup where you have the TAC motor on the throttle body?

As for the crank sensor, the aftermarket designs look different to OEM.

I had a no start issue caused by the P0335 code for a defective sensor. I tried to use an aftermarket Autozone CKP but the vehicle would still not start. When a OEM was installed from the dealer, the vehicle started right up.

Did you check the integrity of the circuit to make sure there is no wiring issues?

You might want to see if there is a way the idle can be reset by following a FSM procedure.

jacobnbr1jacobnbr1
          Participant

If the vehicle is drive by wire and the throttle actuator was unplugged you need to perform a relearn as follows;Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning

DESCRIPTION
            “Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning” is an operation to learn the fully closed position of the throttle valve by monitoring the throttle position sensor output signal. It must be performed each time harness connector of electric throttle control actuator or ECM is disconnected.

OPERATION PROCEDURE

1. Make sure that accelerator pedal is fully released.
            2. Turn ignition switch “ON”.
            3. Turn ignition switch “OFF” wait at least 10 seconds . Make sure that throttle valve moves during above 10 seconds by confirming the operating sound.
              Give that a try and let us know
            EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
            Keymaster

Quoted From jacobnbr1:

If the vehicle is drive by wire and the throttle actuator was unplugged you need to perform a relearn as follows;Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning

DESCRIPTION
              “Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning” is an operation to learn the fully closed position of the throttle valve by monitoring the throttle position sensor output signal. It must be performed each time harness connector of electric throttle control actuator or ECM is disconnected.

OPERATION PROCEDURE

1. Make sure that accelerator pedal is fully released.
              2. Turn ignition switch “ON”.
              3. Turn ignition switch “OFF” wait at least 10 seconds . Make sure that throttle valve moves during above 10 seconds by confirming the operating sound.
                Give that a try and let us know

I would also suggest looking for vacuum leaks if this does not help. It could also be an IAC issue if it’s not working properly.

Keep us posted.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…