Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Not urgent: 1996 Suzuki Esteem/Baleno

Not urgent: 1996 Suzuki Esteem/Baleno

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Not urgent: 1996 Suzuki Esteem/Baleno

• Creator
    Topic
    Bad_MechanicBad_Mechanic
    Participant

Hello ETCG forum members. I’m typing today to ask if anyone could give me a tutorial on how to replace an alternator for a ’96 esteem. It’s a 1.6L. This is not urgent at all since I have until next Saturday to resolve this and the other posts seem more urgent to me. There isn’t a service manual available for this car so I would greatly appreciate your assistance. Thank you.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      moparfanmoparfan
      Participant

is this the car that is just a renamed GM car? if so what is the GM vehicle so i can find it. all i will really do is search google. you may have luck doing the same.

Bad_MechanicBad_Mechanic
        Participant

Quoted From moparfan:

is this the car that is just a renamed GM car? if so what is the GM vehicle so i can find it. all i will really do is search google. you may have luck doing the same.

No, I think you’re mistaking my car with a geo prizm/metro or something. My esteem has a G16 motor from factory.

moparfanmoparfan
          Participant

Quoted From Bad_Mechanic:

No, I think you’re mistaking my car with a geo prizm/metro or something. My esteem has a G16 motor from factory.

yea i just remember reading about some odd car on the forum some where and didn’t know if this was it or not. i guess i have never seen one of them in my part of the country. sorry i can’t find nothing on google and i don’t know that car. wish i could help. some one will chime in

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
            Keymaster

I’m stumped on this one myself, anyway you could post some pictures? One step that I DO know is that you need to disconnect the negative battery cable before you start your work.

Bad_MechanicBad_Mechanic
              Participant

Quoted From EricTheCarGuy:

I’m stumped on this one myself, anyway you could post some pictures? One step that I DO know is that you need to disconnect the negative battery cable before you start your work.

Will do as soon as I can. Still looking for an alternator to buy. Also, need to find a tire and the passenger door lock is messed up. Damn this car went from running like a champ to making Ford look good. Was a this neglectful?

Bad_MechanicBad_Mechanic
                Participant

Quoted From moparfan:

yea i just remember reading about some odd car on the forum some where and didn’t know if this was it or not. i guess i have never seen one of them in my part of the country. sorry i can’t find nothing on google and i don’t know that car. wish i could help. some one will chime in

mopar, my mind just blew. My Suzuki was also known in India as the chevrolet cassia. Help at all?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…