Menu

Obd2 made dash lights twinkle

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Obd2 made dash lights twinkle

• Creator
    Topic
    dosmastrdosmastr
    Participant

Hi everybody I got an OBD2 scanner off of Amazon a week and a half ago and I’ve been using it to just learn more about what my car does and what circumstances.

I plugged it in today and it made all of the malfunction lights on my Dash start blinking one after the other check engine and then IMA and then airbag light and then power steering light and then engine light again.
      I’ve never seen anything like it and Google has thus far been fruitless. I opened up Torque Pro and the ECU is still communicating as everything in torque displayed as it has for the past week and a half with no issues other than the dash being very scary.

You guys have any guess what in the world is going on here?
      I made sure that the OBD2 was plugged in snuggly it’s really tight on my plug, it takes a lot of force to get into connect.

Thank you I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day.

I’ll have a video posted shortly so you can see exactly what I’m talking about.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      dosmastrdosmastr
      Participant
        Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
        Participant

Does this happen when the OBDII scan tool is not plugged in?
          If not, my thought would be your scan tool is faulty and you need to send it in for service / warranty or replace it.

dosmastrdosmastr
          Participant

Only when it’s plugged in

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
            Participant

Then time for a repair or replacement.

DanielDaniel
              Participant

If this is one of the cheap ELM327 clones stuff like this is to be expected. I have one myself and on a Chevrolet Lumina sedan I could make the PCM crash and reboot causing an engine stall if I polled a certain PID. On the 2000s GMs it wouldn’t even connect at all.

In my case I upgraded to the OBDLink MX Bluetooth, which itself is far from perfect but miles better than the cheapie. Its issue is locking up and refusing to connect until it is power cycled by unplugging it for a few seconds.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

dosmastrdosmastr
                Participant

https://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products-34t5-Bluetooth-Android/dp/B005NLQAHS/ref=sr_1_4?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1496117935&sr=1-4&keywords=obd2

this be the one.

Cheap, yeah, but a couple sites and also the amazon users rated it pretty highly…. what degree of expertise they have…eh….unknown..

A toyotakarlIts me

What does it do to another car?

Karl

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Loading…