Menu

Oil in my intake manifold ??

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Maintenance Forums Oil in my intake manifold ??

• Creator
    Topic
    stephen maxwellstephen maxwell
    Participant

Hello , i have a 2006 Acura TL base model , it has 170,000 miles runs good , rough idel .
      I took off the top cover of the intake manifold a found a small puddle of oil. should i be alarmed
      what causes this ?? Thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

The oil is from blow by. which is being introduced from the pcv to the intake. If you want to help the issue, You could install a oil catch can.
        As an engine ages rings wear. letting blow by to occur.

Participant

could it be a bad PVC ? , Also on a compression test whats good and whats bad ballpark figure is fine.

Thanks for your help BTW

college mancollege man

[quote=”maxvicious” post=204451]could it be a bad PVC ? , Also on a compression test whats good and whats bad ballpark figure is fine.

Thanks for your help BTW[/quote

If it was the pcv, I would think you would be getting a higher idle. You could change it but I don’t believe its the issue.
            As for a compression test. I don’t know your engines spec’s. Ball park anything over 130 psi per cylinder, with no more
            than 10% between the highest and lowest cylinder readings.

Participant

Does this mean my engine on its way out or should i just blow it off ?(No pun intended) reason i ask im getting ready to do Timing belt , water pump ,yda yda ,yda , or should i look for a new engine ? It passes Colorado emissions test flying colors

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…