Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Old valve stem pushed into tire… Ok?

Old valve stem pushed into tire… Ok?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Old valve stem pushed into tire… Ok?

• Creator
    Topic
    dosmastrdosmastr
    Participant

Hi guys

I got a bad feeling I already know the answer to this question but I want to ask just to be safe had a tire that had a bad valve stem, it was leaking.

I’ve been really busy so going aroun on my full size spare for about a week . and I just got the repaired Tire out of my trunk to put it back on the car today. and as I’m rolling it I can feel there’s something in there that I’d bet is the old valve stem rolling around inside the inflated Tire….
      think this is going to throw off my tire balance?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

More likely the base of the old valve stem.

Personally I would have it removed, but the final choice is up to you.
        Just take it back to where you had the new stem installed and show them.
        I’m sure they will make good on the repair.

RobRob
        Participant

[quote=”nightflyr” post=173459]More likely the base of the valve stem.

Personally I would have it removed, but the final choice is up to you.
          Just take it back to where you had the new stem installed and show them.
          I’m sure they will make good on the repair.[/quote]
          ya I would agree you have to take it off to have it check out …. you might have a rock in it or the stem might br broken and rady to fall off and blow your tire out… I cant tell you but would rec you to have it checked

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…