Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Technicians Only Oldest car you have worked on

• Creator
    Topic
    GregGreg
    Participant

I think this will probably be the oldest car I get to work on
      It is a 1929 Model A and I am doing a 4 wheel brake job and tune up on it

Attachments:
    Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jason WhiteJason White
      Participant

Wow, I haven’t had the opportunity to play around with something like that. Me personally having worked on something by myself, front drums on some type of Ford from the 60’s, I think it was a galaxy. I changed some front end parts of an old mustang from the late 60’s. Otherwise, nothing major. Pulled the wheels off of some car’s from the 50’s a few times. Nothing ever major.

BluesnutBluesnut
        Participant

Did a tune-up once on a 1956 Ford Crown Vic but other than that everything else in that era has been mostly mid/late 60s.

I have a 1937 Harley that I tinker on quite a bit.

BrettBrett
          Participant

I worked on a 57 bel air once… Other than that… 68 mustang and of course all your other late model junk.

GregGreg
            Participant

Sometimes working on old stuff is a nice destraction from the everyday grind. To me this s like living automotive history. I’ll tell you I can’t believe how long the castle nut and cotter pin wheel bearing retention system has been used. Here is a little peek under the hood

Attachments:
              MikeMike
              Participant

An “updraft” carb. Wow.

Back then, it was believed that fuel vapors were lighter than air. The engineers of the day thought that using an updraft carb made starting easier.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…