Menu

OMG!!!! CA has lost they’re minds

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Automotive Discussion OMG!!!! CA has lost they’re minds

• Creator
    Topic
    Deano GarrettDeano Garrett
    Participant

Only way to describe this is to watch this video. And prey it is not the future.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

So I guess that will be the end of building a hot rod or crawler, ect…
        No more going to junkyard and getting a used engine tranny, ect and swapping at home yourself to save money. And how much will it cost shops now to be approved for such repairs to be preformed.I know it mostly to do with zoning of property, but hell I bought my property shouldn’t I be able to do(within reason) what I wish on MY PROPERTY? And 48 hours to remove a unregistered or disabled(not sure which or both they meant), hell it takes longer then that to get estimates from shops arrange, towing, find the money, ect…
        So now police are going to be driving around and if you have a car up on jack stands and there is no oil drain bucket under it you will get cited or worse.
        And you know if it starts in CA other states will pick it up.

Participant

Keep in mind that Sac county is a heavy agricultural area with allot of farmers who to attempt to save money and time work on they’re own equipment(or at least used to).
          Here is a copy and paste of the code:

Sacramento County Zoning Code
          Effective September25, 2015
          5.2.GENERAL STANDARDS AND EXCEPTIONS

5.2.0.Prohibited Activities

5.2.0.B.Minor and Major Repair and Maintenance of Personal Vehicles: [AMENDED 04-07-2016] Minor vehicle repair shall include brake part replacement, minor tune-up, change of oil and filter, repair of flat tire, lubrication and other similar operations. Major automobile repair or maintenance shall include any vehicle repair and maintenance other than the listed operations, including body or painting work of vehicle or vehicle parts. It shall be unlawful for any person to engage in or permit others to engage in minor vehicle repair or maintenance in any agricultural, agricultural-residential, residential, interim estate, and interim residential zoning district under any of the circumstances described in Section 5.2.0.B.1 through 3.
          1.Using tools not normally found in a residence;
          2.Conducted on vehicles registered to persons not currently residing on the lot or parcel; and
          3.Conducted outside a fully enclosed garage and resulting in any vehicle being inoperable for a period in excess of 24 hours. It shall be unlawful for any person to engage in, or permit others to engage in, major repair or maintenance of vehicles in any agricultural, agricultural-residential, residential, interim agricultural holding, interim estate or interim residential zone.

OK so lets talk about this
          1)using tools not normally found in a residence;Tools normally found in who’s home? my normal tools may very from your normal tools WHO DECIDES?
          2)Conducted on vehicles registered to persons not currently residing on the lot or parcel; and So no more working on dod or moms car at your house or no more mobile mechanics like a CAT service truck?
          3)conducted outside a fully enclosed garage and resulting in any vehicle being inoperable for a period in excess of 24 hours. What happens when you need to order a part that parts stored may not stock?
          It shall be unlawful for any person to engage in, or permit others to engage in, major repair or maintenance of vehicles in any agricultural, Are you ready for vegi’s and fruit prices to increase due to farmers increase in operating expenses(have to pay to transport farm equipment to a authorized repair facility and pay for those repairs, not to mention the down time now involved)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…