Menu

Oscilloscope

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Tool Talk Oscilloscope

• Creator
    Topic
    gatiszvejnieksgatiszvejnieks
    Participant

Hi,
      I try to do all the repairs on my car, sometimes I break something but it’s ok.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      dreamer2355dreamer2355
      Participant

I think scopes are a MUST in automotive diagnostics. There an excellent too for finding glitches in MAF’s, CKP, CMS and so forth that DVOM’s can not pick up. Thats the next tool i want after i have purchased a compressor for my garage.

Id love to own this particular tool but it will never happen due to the cost 🙁

http://www1.snapon.com/diagnostics/us/verus

kiall1987kiall1987
        Participant

I have a modis , Its great for using as scope as its all in the one package . Having the ability to be able to visable “see” what its doing is great and also the capture speed aswell. I cringe when i see people using multimeters to check injector voltage. A high grade multimeter only refreshs 4 time’ish a second which is no way fast enough

dreamer2355dreamer2355
          Participant

I totally agree with you Kia111987. Did you get your Modis through the Snapon Tool guy?

kiall1987kiall1987
            Participant

Nope off ebay as on only need the scope part of it for use in my job as I dont work on cars or lorrys

twiggytwiggy
              Participant

My company upgraded our failure analysis lab and was going to toss out a Tektronix 150MHz 4 channel scope and they let me take it home. I am so excited to try this out. There are a lot of companies that sell used lab equipment and you will be surprised what you can get at a bargain.

redfuryredfury
                Participant

I got to get a hands on demonstration on using an O scope on an ignition system to show what a good looking cylinder looked like next to one with a fouled spark plug. It was interesting. Like anything, it would take a little getting used to reading the wave forms and learning what a clean signal looked like and then being able to tell what the dirty signal was telling you. It’s old school, but so is using a vacuum gauge to diagnose the mechanical integrity of a motor. Just because the cars are computerized, doesn’t mean the old techniques can’t be used, because at the heart of the beast still sits that old ICE block refined over a hundred years.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…