Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Other possible issues – 99 Ford Ranger

Other possible issues – 99 Ford Ranger

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Other possible issues – 99 Ford Ranger

• Creator
    Topic
    EnoughAlreadyEnoughAlready
    Participant

I was wondering if any of these are issues to worry about that could also be an issue(s) with my suspension.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      dreamer2355dreamer2355
      Participant

Every thing you posted above needs to be serviced and i would replace those missing bolts a.s.a.p.

Id also recommend trying to keep your vehicle issues in one thread. It just makes it easier for everyone. C8-)

twiggytwiggy
        Participant

The last pic of the joint with the split boot is most concerning to me. You need to replace that yesterday…..as you don’t want to be driving when that goes.

MattMatt
          Participant

Just a heads up, the rear shackles on the leaf springs are known for breaking/rusting off on those trucks. Might be something to keep an eye on.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
            Keymaster

Yes PLEASE keep all of your posts on a paticular issue on the same thread as your messing with my search function when you repost it like this. The only thing I think is any real concern is in the first picture, if the busing is worn out on the spring it can cause the symptom you describe however I would think it would come with some noise. The second pic may indicate that your diff is overfilled or the vent is clogged, follow that tube to the end and see if it’s clear and able to ‘breathe’. I don’t think you have ‘missing’ fasteners in the next pic as it seems that I can see them from the other side so you might want to check to see if those are tight. The picture of the steering linkage is of little concern as that is just a rubber cover over the u-joint that you may just want to re-attach. Once again I recommend that you check the suspension over for leaks or orange dust as well as get the wheels off of the ground and start shaking things looking for loose parts.

Lastly please stop posting new threads to this issue as it makes it very difficult to keep track of what has been done or commented on with this problem.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…