Menu

P0301 engine code

• Creator
    Topic
    Terry Fojas IVTerry Fojas IV
    Participant

KIA RIO 2006 – my car was in garage for 5 day. on the 6th day it was cold and i have to use my car. warm it up for only 3 minutes then drove it. after couple minute driving , the engine light flashes then engine stumbles. i stepped on the gas hard so it wont stall. after while engine light steadies. OBD scanned it and got the P0301 code. following day, i switch 1 and 2 spark plug and reset the code. the last 2 days, i was driving car like its normal – no code, car drives smooth, acceleration good, no symptoms at all. is it possible to have one misfire and never happen again or is this something that will repeat again? was it weather related? car has 88,000 miles only and well maintained. the only thing unusual is the worn out flex tube(exposed wires) for the wire harness that connects to the spark plug coil/wires. i wrapped this with electrical tape. should i worry about the misfiring?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

If the issue is due to a wiring problem.
        Might try using a spray bottle with water and spray the area you believe might be the cause.
        Could also be a faulty coil, I would remove the affected cylinder coil and give it a good inspection for signs of cracking or carbon tracking.

Terry Fojas IVTerry Fojas IV
        Participant

Just a follow up. My car is still running good without any intervention after the engine light reset.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…