Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • P0441 code hopes it’s not the vapor canister!

P0441 code hopes it’s not the vapor canister!

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here P0441 code hopes it’s not the vapor canister!

• Creator
    Topic
    fiddlerfiddler
    Participant

After clearing a couple of codes on my 2001 Toyota Tacoma

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      johnzcarzjohnzcarz
      Participant

Unless you were doing some off roading and ran over something that caused one of the rigid fittings on the canister to snap off, I’d say the canister would be low on my list of suspects.

Look for some obvious stuff like a cracked vacuum line, maybe test any valves and solenoids in the system to see if they activate, check the gas cap, etc.

Beyond that I think you would need some sort of smoke machine to ‘see’ where it’s leaking because sometimes the crack can be right in front of you but you just don’t see it. A scanner that could activate the EVAP components individually would also be nice, but I’ve used a 12v supply and a set of jumper leads to the solenoid terminals to test if it was good or not, that’s worked for me.

college mancollege man

look under the hood for the evap system diagram. check for a clogged vent line. also as suggest
          do a visual of the system hoses. also check the connector to the purge solenoid.C8-)

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
          Keymaster

You can’t really ‘assume’ what’s wrong when you get a code for the evap system, in your case the code is for the purge flow, the best thing to do is look up the factory procedure for testing that code, I suspect that you would be testing the purge solenoid on the engine, you may also be instructed to check the lines and electrical connections.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…