Menu

P0455 Gross Leak Tacoma 2008

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here P0455 Gross Leak Tacoma 2008

• Creator
    Topic
    David ReyesDavid Reyes
    Participant

Hi:
      I have a 2008 4Cil Tacoma Access cab. The check engine light came on and my scanner found P0455. What should I be looking at first?

I already clear the code and came back in a few days.

Thanks…

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      ErikErik
      Participant

mostly your evap hoses make sure they are all connected, and none are broken in half, also check your gas cap o-ring that’s some of the simple places id start, I talked to my buddy whos a Toyota tech and he said its very rare but he’s seen the fuel pump o ring cause this code, kinda limited on what you can do unless you have a smoke machine. unless someone else knows a different way to check this stuff.

David ReyesDavid Reyes
        Participant

Thanks for the info:

What do you mean by Smoke Machine? I’ve seen mechanic do this with vacuum hose to detect leaks. one also use a cigar to do this if you don’t have a machine.

ErikErik
          Participant

yea at my shop we have a machine that can test the evap system with smoke or air it fills the system with smoke and if theres a leak you follow the smoke its a really nice tool but really expensive from what I hear.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
            Keymaster

I cover the use of a smoke machine as well as evap leaks in this article. Perhaps it can help. Good luck and keep us posted.

http://www.ericthecarguy.com/faq/finding-and-fixing-fluid-leaks?start=7#VaporFuelLeaks

David ReyesDavid Reyes
              Participant

Thanks for the info…

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…