Menu

Parasitic drain is driving me nuts

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Parasitic drain is driving me nuts

• Creator
    Topic
    Dan MoranDan Moran
    Participant

I have a 2006 Hummer H3 5 cylinder with about 133,000 miles. The car has an aftermarket radio, subwoofer, and amp.

I noticed revently (Because the car was sitting a few days) that I had a parasitic draw on the battery so I tested it and here are the numbers. The battery is 3 years old and only holds 12 volts but I had it tested and they said it was good. I pulled off the negative terminal and checked the amp draw between the terminal and the battery stump. I know there will be some draw (.05A is acceptable), but I was reading .14A. I started pulling fuses and found that the RDO was pulling .01A which I think is ok. The Aux power 2 is pulling .05A which I think is due to the sound system in the car but is that normal? Last but not least, the BCM was drawing .06A. Does that mean my BCM is bad and is this something an amature mechanic can handle fixing? any info is greatly appreciated.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…