Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Parasitic Draw Accord LX 4-cyl Year 2007

Parasitic Draw Accord LX 4-cyl Year 2007

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Parasitic Draw Accord LX 4-cyl Year 2007

• Creator
    Topic
    WDHewsonWDHewson
    Participant

Hi:

Looking after a 2007 Accord sedan LX 4-cyl.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      MikeMike
      Participant

you shouldn’t get any amperage reading with the battery disconnected. Why are you checking parasitic drain if you know they left the lights on?

WDHewsonWDHewson
        Participant

Thanks guys.

I did go and observe the blinking red LED, and the frequency of the blink seems to be about the same as the frequency of the milliamp spike. And the duration of the lighted LED seems to match the time spent at 33 mA.

Also, it seems to make sense that this small LED would be about 60 milliWatts. The amperage spikes from 0.028 to 0.033 A in a 12 Volt system, making for a 60 mW LED.

This seems about right for the power draw of a small LED.

twiggytwiggy
          Participant

My 2008 Honda Civic has red led that flashes every several seconds when the car is locked. Your accord probably has the same. I think it has something to do with the anti theft system. Your readings appear to be normal to me.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
            Keymaster

50ma is the magic number, anything over that is excessive anything under it is OK and with a car that new there are different things that will turn on and off such as the LED that was mentioned but there are also other components that will come on and off at different times but it should not exceed 50ma for a prolonged period of time. I’ve actually shot a video on parasitic draw that will be coming out next month that covers this.

WDHewsonWDHewson
              Participant

Thanks. We will look forward to the video on parasitic draw.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…