Menu

Pinch Weld Repair

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The Body Shop Pinch Weld Repair

• Creator
    Topic
    JamesJames
    Participant

I’m looking at replacing the rocker panel in my car, but the pinch weld is basically gone. It’s mostly solid in the front(bent pretty good thought), and solid in the back but everything in between is gone/broken.

I’m not really sure about how to replace or repair it.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      NoahNoah
      Participant

I’ll be watching this thread, mine is bend all to he||. Maybe you could weld a piece of angle to the frame or remaining weld? That would allow you to jack the car up at least

JamesJames
        Participant

That is what I was thinking, getting a 1/4angle iron and welding it into place and use the existing bolts on the front to hold it there and use rivets in the back.

I’m not worried about jacking the car up. The Frame rails are solid in the front and I’ll just use the shackle with a block of wood to do the rear.

James P GrossoJames P Grosso
          Participant

Really need to evaluate how bad the rust is. You really can’t weld to rusty metal, so you need to see how far you need to go to get good steel to weld to.
            Not sure on this hack, but you might be able to make a sheet metal “cap” with flanges, and then use body panel adhesive to glue it into place?

JamesJames
            Participant

Yeah. I really only need it to have something for the rocker to be put into place…pictures are kind of hard as the car is sitting on gravel, but grass growing up through the gravel. will move it to a concrete floor soon.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…