Menu

Power door locks help

• Creator
    Topic

Hi, I have a Nissan sentra 2003 and everything was working perfectly until today.. I took the car to have HID xenon headlights installed and I didnt check the power locks at that time, now the power locks are not working when I push the door lock button all I hear is a clicking sound but the locks dont move?

any ideas?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    NissanMaxxNissanMaxx
    Participant

Nissan’s are known for having electrical issues with there power door locks, power windows, sun roofs, and etc. The only thing you could do is check the fuses and make sure there not blown. Other than that you’ll have to bring it to a dealer and they should fix it for you.

LynchburgCSILynchburgCSI
      Participant

Morally speaking, I’d have the shop that installed the HIDs check it out for you. Let them know you started having issues after they were installed. If that doesn’t work out for you, check for any blown fuses as stated above. If none of that works, let us know. I’m a bit of an electronics junky.

college mancollege man

heres a link to the fsm on the the power door locks.
          hope this helps.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Sentra/2003_Sentra/bl.pdf

Hey you know I just disconnected the battery for a while and it works again the only thing is that when I have the doors open and I push the button to power close doors they lock and then unlock is this normal? When the doors are closed this doesn’t happen

dreamer2355dreamer2355
          Participant

That is common on some vehicles where you can not lock the doors when there open with a FOB or the master lock switch.

Well thanks everyone I guess the problem has been fixed, next thing the horn is not working, actually I tried it using the battery and it works but I just can’t find the cable that goes to the steering wheel anyone knows how to find it?

dreamer2355dreamer2355
            Participant

You may need to look up a wiring diagram.

Did you check your fuses?

Here is a link to a website that may have the wiring diagram you need –

http://bbbind.com/tech_database.html

CELICA XXCELICA XX
              Participant

I cringe when I see people hack up the electrical system.

+1 for having the shop check it out.

college mancollege man

Thanks for the update.keep us posted.
                  There should be a horn relay.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
                  Keymaster

Glad you got the door lock thing sorted out. As for the horn know that there is a relay in the circuit somewhere too, you might want to start your testing there, in fact the video I put out today might have some insight for you.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Loading…