Menu

Pro Detail, Should I Get Opti-Coat?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The Body Shop Pro Detail, Should I Get Opti-Coat?

• Creator
    Topic
    Kevin McCutcheonKevin McCutcheon
    Participant

I have a 2009 Black Sedan Civic Si. I am getting the paint corrected with a wash, clay, compound, polish, wax 350 for it all.

Now he mentioned to me instead of going with traditional wax, he offers a thing called OptiCoat. But it would raise the car to 450. That a lot for me to spend right now, but if it really is worth it I can muster up the cash.

Has anyone heard of this OptiCoat stuff? What should I do!?

FWIW car is garaged and will rarely see road salt and be driven in winter months (I have another DD for that month with snow tires)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      BillBill
      Participant

I’m not an expert by any means but I did a little research for you. Seams to me like you can buy a lot of conventional wax for the price of the mentioned product. If the paint happens to oxidize a little you will never penetrate that stuff to clean it.

If you really want it but don’t have the money, don’t do it. That’s a NO brainer.

budro6968budro6968
        Participant

You could go to a body shop supply and get a gallon of polymer sealant that will protect your paint, all that other stuff is b/s in my opinion. the cost is about 50- 70 bucks then use a foam pad and low speed buffer and micro fiber cloth to finish. Split up the gal into small bottle and sell to your friends to make back your investment, The gallon jug goes a long way.

Jeff M.Jeff M.
          Participant

You gave that guy a great idea!
            [quote=”budro6968″ post=72704]You could go to a body shop supply and get a gallon of polymer sealant that will protect your paint, all that other stuff is b/s in my opinion. the cost is about 50- 70 bucks then use a foam pad and low speed buffer and micro fiber cloth to finish. Split up the gal into small bottle and sell to your friends to make back your investment, The gallon jug goes a long way.[/quote]

gregjacobsongregjacobson
            Participant

NOPE!,
              sounds like you already care a lot for your car . taking the time to properly detail your car after the person polishes your car is your best bet. frequent HAND wash and dry and the occasional , wax , cleaner wax , and/or clay bar is your best bet 😉

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…