Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Quick Tip Video Suggestion… Silicone Lubricant!!

Quick Tip Video Suggestion… Silicone Lubricant!!

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG Suggestion Box Quick Tip Video Suggestion… Silicone Lubricant!!

• Creator
    Topic
    Wesley AdamsWesley Adams
    Participant

So, a few months ago, I saw your quick tip video how to prevent doors from icing shut on the Element…

I’ve also found a really good use for silicone lubricant… Squeaky window tracks..

My 2001 Toyota Camry had a squeaky window track, and the window motor had a lot of stress on it as it was going up and down very slowly…

I had used WD-40 several times, but it would only last at most 10 days…

So I tried silicone lubricant in about November 2014, by mid March 2015, it was still working like new…

Sadly, she blew and engine on the way to my sisters wedding last year… Sitting in the yard…

Anyway, so what I did was take some silicone lubricant, put it on a blue shop towel, and get it up in the window tracks and seals to prevent squeaking and relive stress in the motor… At first, I thought the motor was failing again after two years, the rubber was just really dry…

Sorry for such I long post…

What are some other good uses, I absolutely love this stuff!!!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

Thanks for the suggestion. I did cover using silicone lubricant on window tracks in this video.

Wesley AdamsWesley Adams
        Participant

Ok, good… I didn’t know you already covered this…

I would also like to post my theory on why my engine failed somewhere in the forum, wherever it’s appropriate…

Thanks…

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
          Keymaster

I’d say General Discussion, General Automotive Discussion, or the What Are You Working On threads would be good choices.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…