Menu

Radiator service safety….

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Discussion Radiator service safety….

• Creator
    Topic
    BrianBrian
    Participant

Radiator service safety….
      Ever wonder what can happen to you if you mess around with a “Hot” Radiator, according to Yahoo. News “Hulk Hogan” just found out. I am not posting the pictures here too graphic, so just surf the net.. the pictures are there. Me personally I have never had this happen but years ago while messing around with a “warm” car I forgot like an idiot and loosened the radiator cap and immediately heard the “Hissss” I quick/ instinctively screwed it back the other direction to tighten it and nothing bad happened. After seeing these pictures, I will be 100% sure to check before I have another “Brain Fart!”
      Be careful people… be very safety minded and don’t get in a hurry.

One internet location with good pictures was: “NYDailyNews.com”
      WARNING GRAPHIC!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Coty MillerCoty Miller
      Participant

wow, there is a sticker on there for a reason…

I think they need to have more idiot proof caps, even if they do tend to wear out over time… To be honest I don’t really know who hulk hogan is (wrestler or something), but I would have expected to here about justin bieber or lindsay lohan doing this before hogan…

BrianBrian
        Participant

Unfortunately experienced or not it can happen to anyone, I can imagine in some cases where you are working on more than just one vehicle (And I have) and they all are at different operating temps… It is easy to go into autobot mode and forget to stop a second and est. the safety of the cap in question. Also don’t ever take anyone word for it that if you ask how far and how long have you been driving? They answer “Oh, just around the corner.” > Now tack on about 15 min. or 15 miles and DON’T TOUCH THE CAP! 😳

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…