Menu

Ramps For Low Riders!

• Creator
    Topic
    RedeemerRedeemer
    Participant

I figure this will help those of us with lowered cars, Or even those not lowered that you can’t get on normal ramps. They are ramps you build, So you will need a saw, hammer and nails, Or even screws and a drill.

http://mustangworld.com/ourpics/news/mwramps/index.htm

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      pcmdjasonpcmdjason
      Participant

On my wife’s car, a 2002 Galant, it can’t make it up standard red ramps so I sometimes will raise the bumper several inches with a floor jack try to get the ramp started a bit first.

RedeemerRedeemer
        Participant

Quoted From pcmdjason:

On my wife’s car, a 2002 Galant, it can’t make it up standard red ramps so I sometimes will raise the bumper several inches with a floor jack try to get the ramp started a bit first.

You can also use a few pieces of 2×10’s to get the little bit of height you may need to clear it. The ones I posted the link to would be heavy duty, Weighing around 30-40 lbs if not more. I plan to make a set sooner or later, The ramps im using now just arent cutting it.

hondaslave1342hondaslave1342
          Participant

nice,,,,,,again…nice post

RedeemerRedeemer
            Participant

I try to make my posts somewhat useful (sometimes).

1sickaccord1sickaccord
              Participant

you guys can’t get up those huge ramps? i can’t even get a low profile jack under my car! lol have to drive up on a couple of pieces of 2×6’s first 😉

spelunkerdspelunkerd
                Participant

I find that a floor jack and stands are as stable and not much more work to getting the vehicle up. I was always nervous when driving up ramps, ever since I had a ramp (one side) slide forward on me. I’ve never driven or slid off a ramp, but one day it may happen.

Shaun_300Shaun_300
                  Participant

Cool! Yeah there’s some low front ends out there, today at work a Ferrari 360 Modena came in for an E-test, even backing it up onto the dyno the front bumper was going to scrape, had to get some plywood under the front tires before we backed it on!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Loading…