Menu

remote vehicle starter

• Creator
    Topic
    adamadam
    Participant

Hello i have a 1999 Honda civic i recently installed a remote starter to help in the freezing temps of winter.. the unit is brand new and installed to proper specs but when i use it i get like 1 foot of range will not even work with the door closed it only works if i point the remote directly at it .. just wondering if anyone has ever seen this ..? thank you

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

Honestly, I’m not a fan of remote starters, I’ve seen waaaaaay to many problems that result from their installation. That said, you might want to check to see if it’s wired up correctly for starters. Outside of that, it’s going to be very difficult for us to help. You might consider reaching out to the company that makes the unit. They may have a help line or something you could use.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
        Participant

Not knowing your specific unit ..
          You might look to see if there is an antenna lead on the main control unit.
          It may require to have it positioned in a certain direction.

Jose GalaJose Gala
          Participant

I have a similar problem. Remote starter simply does not work at all and I can’t find any helpful information in internet about it.
            Something like ‘Remote Starter for Dummies’, how to understand the remote starter system/wiring or even the schematic diagram to begin to work with.
            Its make is AstroStart model is 803 on a Chrysler Town & Country 1999. I will appreciate any kind of help (Winter just came here). Thank you.

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
            Participant

Appears you only have the units operation manual.
              But nothing (at least in writing) about how to wire it into your specific vehicle.

You might try contacting the MFG for details on installation, but seeing it is from 2002 that may prove difficult.

ChrisChris
              Participant

Try fitting a high quality battery (like Duracell or Energiser) to the remote unit – it’s not uncommon for the cheap batteries that come with the kits to not have much oomph and therefore less range!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…