Menu

Replacement Honda key programming

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Replacement Honda key programming

• Creator
    Topic
    Michael SacksteinMichael Sackstein
    Participant

Hey Eric,
      Hope all is well! I recently purchased a new key fob for my brothers 2006 Honda Pilot EX-L from a place called replacemyremote.com as the shell to his current master key broke and the remote appears to be defective. After doing some research it appears that I came program the remote to work with the car without having to go to the dealer or a bonded locksmith. Yes I am aware of the proprietary immobilizer system and that in most cases only these 2 places can have access to these systems by law. however the key itself as you know has a transponder chip that I guess also needs to be programmed to work with the vehicle. I’ve seen people swap the old chip into the new key successfully and get it to work, but it can be sort of challenging to get the old chip out without damaging anything. And then it would just be a matter of having to get the key cut which is not a big deal. A few years ago I had a similar situation on my dads 2011 Pilot touring where the shell broke and I ordered just the shell and swapped the fob into the new key. In that case the Honda dealership cut the key and I guess got it to work with the vehicle for $30. My question for you is since this key is a complete assembly is there anyway I can effectively get the key to work with the vehicle without having to spend a whole lot of money? I’ve seen some videos on YouTube of how this is done, however some people also claimed that they had problems afterwards due to the fact that the ecu only allows a maximum of 3 keys to work with the vehicle. What do you think would be the best approach?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

I only know the dealer or lock smith method.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…