Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • replacing the upper high pressure fuel line

replacing the upper high pressure fuel line

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here replacing the upper high pressure fuel line

• Creator
    Topic
    stuartstuart
    Participant

hi people. its been a while since i’ve been on here last, so now i have a new question to ask. my neighbor just bought a 1999 Chevy Monte Carlo with the 3100 engine. its leaking fuel from the high pressure fuel line and i need to change the steel fuel line that runs up under the plenum. my question is this……is there an easy way to get to nut that runs under the plenum that the fuel line and that little round thing that i assume is a fuel filter that connects to the high pressure line up under the plenum instead of having to remove the entire plenum itself to get to it.

attached below is a photo of where the nut is on the fuel line i need to get to so i can remove it and replace the steel fuel line. as you can see, its buried inside and under the upper intake plenum.

any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Stuart.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Andrew PhillipsAndrew Phillips
      Participant

There are special sockets made for this purpose. They are called fuel line sockets or some derivative of that depending on who makes them. They have a slot down the side that goes over the fuel line. The image posted below is an example of one. You will have to find one that is the correct size and shape for your application.

stuartstuart
        Participant

Good morning cap. i want to thank you for posting the photo of the tool. i was wondering if there was such a tool made to do this. im sure i’ll be able to find one now that i know what to look for.

regards,
          roadwanderer2, a.k.,a. stuart.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…