Menu

Rhinolined engines

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge What Are You Working On? Rhinolined engines

• Creator
    Topic
    OnThe7ThDayFordOnThe7ThDayFord
    Participant

Im going to be rebuilding my 302 engine and I going to repaint it…

Im thinking red and chrome blue valve covers…

Iv got a friend who does engine painting/chroming and he owes me a few favors and Im thinking about having him paint my engine.

I want something unique and the thought jumped in my head – I coulden help it.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      dreamer2355dreamer2355
      Participant

Ford Blue all the way C8-)

Trcustoms719Trcustoms719
        Participant

I would just use regular engine paint.
          I don’t think using the spray on bed liner is a good idea but thats just me.

3SheetsDiesel3SheetsDiesel
          Participant

I don’t think Rhinoline is meant to stand up the underhood heat. I’m not saying it won’t work, but personally speaking I don’t think I’d risk it. If you want to give it a shot then more power to you, but I’m wondering if it won’t cause more problems than it’s worth.

twiggytwiggy
            Participant

It will insulate whatever you coat not allowing heat to dissipate so you might run into problems with any electrical parts that you coat.

Participant

***** Twig good point!!! ummm d a m n it lol

3SheetsDiesel3SheetsDiesel
                Participant

I have seen spray paint that will leave a “wrinkle” finish, which looks like Rhinoliner, but is just paint. That might be what you’re looking for.

Participant

Yea thats what i was think about as well. Autozone sale this stuff that is for beds of pick ups. Its like rhinoline in a car. Not as thick and acts more like rough paint!

JJ
                    Participant

Not to mention spreading that stuff anywhere other than a truck bed could land you up like this guy:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/sho … hp?t=18595

dreamer2355dreamer2355
                      Participant

Quoted From Moose:

Not to mention spreading that stuff anywhere other than a truck bed could land you up like this guy:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/sho … hp?t=18595

Wow…..what an entertaining read!

TheAreteTheArete
                        Participant

Getting rhino-liner or Herculiner on your hootus… really. I have no words. Though I do know a kid at school that at jalapenos with his hand then promptly went to bathroom… needless to say he had to explain this to me and why his crotch in his pants was wet.

I’m with Twiggy02919… it’ll act as an insulator and raise the internal temps… which could be an interesting experiment to see what happens… except you probably want to drive this thing as well.

Think of thermal grease on a cpu… a little bit and it’ll help transfer the heat away from the processor to the heat sink (like some engine enamel will do to your engine)… but too much and it becomes an insulator.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Loading…