Menu

rsx transmission problem

• Creator
    Topic
    umalik7umalik7
    Participant

[color=#333333]i have an rsx

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      MattMatt
      Participant

First, you need to find where the fluid is leaking from. Put the car up on jacks and pinpoint the location. I wouldn’t condemn the trans just yet. If it was a leaking seal, it shouldn’t require replacing the transmission, but you might have to pull the trans to service it.

college mancollege man

A+ on finding the leak.

umalik7umalik7
          Participant

Quoted From Beefy:

First, you need to find where the fluid is leaking from. Put the car up on jacks and pinpoint the location. I wouldn’t condemn the trans just yet. If it was a leaking seal, it shouldn’t require replacing the transmission, but you might have to pull the trans to service it.

today took it to a transmission repair shop the guy told me that it was the cooling line that leaked and he told me the car is shifting but its making noises so yeah he told me that my tranny is no good and it needs to come out and than he needs to open it up n all that he told me it gonna cost me arround 1500$ 😐 right now i dont have that kind a money other option is may buy a tranny n diy install it???

dreamer2355dreamer2355
            Participant

If the transmission sounded like you had internal issues, then it may need a rebuild as suggested. You could take it to another shop for another opinion.

If you do decide to buy a used transmission, make sure ti will come with some type of warranty.

MattMatt
              Participant

Did he repair the leak? If so, fill the car to the proper level, and drive it til it explodes if the budget is that tight. I believe that Hondas require you to be on a flat surface with the engine OFF (which is backwards from most other manufacturers I have worked on). If the car drives and shifts, I would drive it. Make sure you only used Honda brand trans fluid. The dealer will know what kind you need, since you need to go there anyway to purchase it.

Trcustoms719Trcustoms719
                Participant

They have UV dye that shows up under a black light that you can put in to find the leak.
                  Most auto parts stores will have it.
                  I have had great luck with it my self.

umalik7umalik7
                  Participant

Quoted From Trcustoms719:

They have UV dye that shows up under a black light that you can put in to find the leak.
                    Most auto parts stores will have it.
                    I have had great luck with it my self.

i was thinking i can find the leak my self is it that hard to find a leak he called me n told me there is a leak in the cooler line so my question is are these cooler lines easy to replace?

umalik7umalik7
                    Participant

okkkkkkk people all the transmission shops are aholes it was jus the line i fixed put in 4 ltr tranny oil n its smoother than ever and the transmission guy tried to rip me of he was askin 1500$ to fix it and now its all gooood

dreamer2355dreamer2355
                      Participant

Thanks for posting the fix and using the ETCG forums.

Keep us posted on how its running.

MattMatt
                        Participant

Glad you got yer ride running good bud. Well done.

college mancollege man

you would have to follow the two trans lines. either from the transmission to the radiator or from the radiator to the transmission.
                            to make the repair you can either replace the line. you could cut the line with a tubing cutter where its broke and splice in rubber hose
                            with clamps. C8-)

college mancollege man

thanks for the update.C8-)

MattMatt
                              Participant

Hey man. Please turn the traffic light to green, noting that your problem is fixed. That way, it goes into the database, so others with similar problems can search and find your thread. Again, good job on the fix!

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
                                Keymaster

I feel sick whenever I hear about something like this. I’m glad you took the initiative and fixed it yourself I’d just like to add that it’s very important that you use Honda ATF in that transmission as long as you do that it should last a good long time for you. Also make sure you check the fluid level with the engine OFF and not ON or you will overfill it.

Thanks for posting your fix and for using the ETCG forum.

umalik7umalik7
                                  Participant

Quoted From EricTheCarGuy:

I feel sick whenever I hear about something like this. I’m glad you took the initiative and fixed it yourself I’d just like to add that it’s very important that you use Honda ATF in that transmission as long as you do that it should last a good long time for you. Also make sure you check the fluid level with the engine OFF and not ON or you will overfill it.

Thanks for posting your fix and for using the ETCG forum.

hey thanks for replying Eric i think i did put some more oil in there did a drain three liters came out n i put in 4 dip stick its a little more than it should be but yeah the car drives better than ever the transmission have no issues what so ever and my mpg is alot better aswell for some reason :S and yes i used the dealership transmission oil 😀

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…