Menu

Shifting Problem

• Creator
    Topic
    irosenirosen
    Participant

About 1 month ago I replaced the clutch on a Kia 2001 Optima 2.4liter 4 cyl. Everything was working fine and 3 days ago my wife was going up a hill and she could not shift the car from 1st to 2nd and the unable to shift at all and the clutch pedal went to the floor and

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Trcustoms719Trcustoms719
      Participant

Are you sure you got all the air out of the system?
        Did you inspect the slave cylinder for any fluid leaks?

dreamer2355dreamer2355
        Participant

+1 on checking for air in the system.

How does the pedal feel when depressing the clutch?

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
          Keymaster

I’m also for checking for air in the system, it would be strange if the clutch you installed was having issue after all this time, if it was an installation issue I would think it would have had a problem from the moment you finished the job. Keep us posted.

johnzcarzjohnzcarz
            Participant

From your description it sounds like the clutch still isn

irosenirosen
              Participant

[quote]Quoted From irosen:

About 1 month ago I replaced the clutch on a Kia 2001 Optima 2.4liter 4 cyl. Everything was working fine and 3 days ago my wife was going up a hill and she could not shift the car from 1st to 2nd and the unable to shift at all and the clutch pedal went to the floor and would not come back. Got the car towed home. When I returned home I was able to free the pedal and disconnected the slave from the fork lever and was able to see that the lever stopped about 3-4 degrees of motion, so I know the pressure bearing did not separate from the pressure plate (note pull type transmission clutch) Called the clutch mfr help line for the replacement part and since it appeared that bearing did not release most likely a clutch master cyl issue. I replaced the Clutch master cyl and blead the system. Now I

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…