Menu

SL2 front end noise/vibration

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here SL2 front end noise/vibration

• Creator
    Topic
    rice400rice400
    Participant

hey guys I have a 99 Saturn sl2. Went into the ditch last week and ever since then ive had sort of a problem. Driver front wheel area seems to be noisy, like a low pitch hum sort of. It was more noticeable after I put new tires on it this week (probably cuz my rear tires were cupped and make so much noise I couldn’t hear anything else) Tires are balanced correctly and didn’t wobble on the balancer. With the car up on the lift I see the tire shimmy side to side and up and down a little. I still suspected a bent rim so I swapped in a different wheel, and finally the spare and it seems to wobble the same. Wheel has no noticeable play when shook up and down and side to side. Couldn’t tell exactly if im hearing wheel bearing noise or not. Also, the cv boot on the passenger side is split wide open, but I don’t think that’s related to my problem with the wheel wobbling.

So, if every wheel I throw on there seems to wobble side to side is it a pretty good indication that its a wheel bearing failure? Ive already had 2 bearings go bad on the car (different location on the car) but the noise they made always changed when turning the steering wheel. This noise is the same all the time. Also, there is absolutely no steering wheel vibration or pull at any speed.

Thanks everyone!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Ian WilliamsIan Williams
      Participant

Sounds like wheel bearing , if something was bent it would shimmy while driving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…