Menu

Small Engine Rebuild

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge What Are You Working On? Small Engine Rebuild

• Creator
    Topic
    TheAreteTheArete
    Participant

Not a “super ride” per se, but one of my current projects to get more and more mechanical experience. This is a small 4 stroke Troy Bilt Weed Eater that stopped “working” for the guy a while back. He was gonna toss it and buy a new one for round 200 so i figured theres little to screw up. If its destroyed, ohhh well it was headed the way of the dodo anyways.

The complete dissassembly was rather interesting. Im official the savior of 10 or so stinkbugs, and the undertaker to more pests than i care to mention. This thing was INFESTED. The clutch drum bolt was stripped so ended up grinding that off bit otherwise its internals are in good shape… Lil carbon buildup on the piston and some wear and tear in the cylinder. He had tapped a hole in the fuel tank and puttied it, destroyed the fuel lines and filter with some cleaning gunk. No wonder it wasnt working… YOU NEED FUEL TO START IT. LOL

Just ordered all the carburetor diaphragms, and gaskets, clutch drum, muffler, fuel tank assembly. Could be my first successful engine rebuild… Or just good practice in the end on what not to do.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      TheAreteTheArete
      Participant

Some more pics of the tear down.

Carburetor dissassembly.
        Valves and rocker arms, valve gasket was lost in a Quantum time collapse I’m sure…
        Pulling apart the ignition system, muffler and engine.
        That’s the bleeding heart right there. ;D Got all excited to finally get her completely torn down.

I’ll probably post a video on youtube of the re-assembly to either demonstrate success or lack of the aforementioned success.

dreamer2355dreamer2355
        Participant

Quoted From Trcustoms719:

Awesome!
          A video would be really cool!

I agree!

Trcustoms719Trcustoms719
          Participant

Awesome!
            A video would be really cool!

outdoorsman310outdoorsman310
            Participant

yeah i wanna see a video those things are pretty cool the parts are so tiny!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…