Menu

Solved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Solved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Creator
    Topic
    Ken EzzellKen Ezzell
    Participant

Ford Taurus 95′ v6 3.0 SOHC New to me… will only crank using starting fluid. then runs smooth

I have done a lot of diagnostics on it( i have fuel and vac gage kits and meters) Im no spring chicken when it comes to cars… PLEASE HELP

My original posting here

http://www.ericthecarguy.com/kunena/8-Service-and-Repair-Questions-Answered-Here/55648-update-bringing-a-1995-taurus-back-to-life

I cant seem to get the codes to flash…ive done it by the book and online vids…but nothing

There is fuel pressure, 40psi, when KOEO and 34 after Started with either. And runs pretty smooth for 150k. the spark plugs are clean and gapped. I replaced the fuel pressure reg and inline filter.

One thing that is nagging me is that the fuel pressure dose not jump up by 10 as the book says it should when vac line is remove…it some time jumps by 5 bt some times not at all.

Vacuum is with in range and is close to being steady. Im not sure about the EGR valve…. that vac line has very little pull on it. When i pull vac by hand pump on the EGR, the rmps go way down. Is this normal?

What bugs me is how can the engine start with starting fluid by not by the cars fuel, bt yet run good on it after it is started.

Viewing 5 replies - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Ken EzzellKen Ezzell
      Participant

the temp sending unit reads open… going now to get one…your logic may have won you 50 bucks

Ken EzzellKen Ezzell
        Participant

That fixed it…thanks… PM me your info and i’ll send you you prize

RereonehundredRereonehundred
          Participant

Great thread title to get $50 worth of attention. I’m motivated.

A few decades ago I participated in an automotive industry fuel quality test. Carbs were fading out and injectors were arriving, and they wanted to know how to adjust the gasoline properties as this hardware change took place. The industry incentive was to make as cheap as gasoline as possible that still performed reasonably well.

One thing I learned in this test protocol was that a lot of poor starting and poor running that we normally blame on hardware is actually an off-specification gasoline problem. And in these day of ethanol in fuel, it can hold a rather lot of water. Water is low volatility, AND does burn very well. There really is some bad fuel out there.

My advice………..

Drain the tank as much as you can either by the tank’s drain bolt, siphon, or let the fuel pump empty it.

Then go to a Mobil (second choice BP) branded gas station and buy enough gas to fill you tank about 3/4 full. Go for a good run, then top of the tank.

Good luck.

IngvarIngvar
            Participant

Pinching of the hose will damage it? It as in heat insulation, as that’s what that “hose” is, or the “hard plastic line”? Which I am suspicious it’s actually metal line, you know – considering it’s fuel line.
              But if by any chance it IS plastic, you taking chance of cracking it. Less worried about insulation, easy replacement. Junk yard item.

college mancollege man

Didn’t see that coming. Well done. Glad you got it. 🙂

Viewing 5 replies - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…